- Registration: United Academy On-Demand Registrant - $26.00
Handwashing and Illness Prevention in the Workplace for All Industries
In situations where workers might be exposed to disease agents such as but not limited to the current COVID-19 virus, hand washing plays an important role in promoting a healthier and safer work environment. During the Hand washing and Illness Prevention in the Workplace for All Industries course, students will learn about the importance of hand washing as well as the proper hand washing steps recommended by the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Hand washing and Illness Prevention in the Workplace for All Industries helps students:
- Explain the importance of hand washing to protect oneself from illness.
- Describe the highly recommended situations for hand washing.
- List the five steps recommended by the U. S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention for proper hand washing.
- Recommend hand sanitizer as an alternative to soap and water.
- List the steps of using hand sanitizer.
After completing the course, students will understand the situations where hand washing is recommended, the steps for proper hand washing, and recommendations for hand sanitizers as alternatives to hand washing.
This intermediate-level online course is appropriate for all workers and managers, supervisors, and team leaders. Additional courses that will help deal with infectious diseases include:
- N-95 and Other Filtering Face piece Respirators Awareness for All Industries
- OSHA Guidance and Regulations on Viral Exposures and Recording Workplace Exposures for All Industries.